Sweetbreads Wrapped In Bacon
Yield: 24 appetizer servings
- 1 pound veal sweetbreads
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- Place sweetbreads in a medium mixing bowl; cover with cold water. Set aside to soak for 1 hour. Drain well; remove and discard white membrane.
- Place sweetbreads and water to cover in a small Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Drain well, and rinse with cold water. Cool sweetbreads completely.
- Cut sweetbreads into 24 bite-size pieces. Wrap a half slice of bacon around each piece of sweetbread, and secure with a wooden pick.
- Sauté sweetbreads in a large skillet over medium heat until bacon is crisp and brown. Remove sweetbreads from skillet, and drain well on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers