Absolutely gorgeous. In a glass jar this is a conversation starter! Tasty and tangy. Love 'em!
Sweet Zucchini Pickles
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 33
- Protein: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 8.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 99mg
- 4 zucchini (1/4 lb. each)
- 1 red onion (1/2 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers (or 1 of each; 1/2 lb. total)
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 1. Trim and discard zucchini ends. Thinly slice zucchini.
- 2. Peel onion and cut in half lengthwise, then vertically into thin slivers.
- 3. Mix zucchini, onion, and salt. Let stand 30 minutes. Rinse well and drain.
- 4. Meanwhile, stem, seed, and cut red bell peppers into thin slivers about 2 inches long.
- 5. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring vinegar, sugar, and pickling spice to a boil. Add bell peppers and zucchini-onion mixture. Remove from heat and mix well.
- 6. Spoon vegetables and liquid into jars, cover, and let cool. Chill at least 24 hours or up to 6 weeks.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments