Flavorful. Good fall dinner. Not sure it's worth the time. Will most likely not make it again.
Sweet Vermouth Chicken
Look for bottled roasted chestnuts at gourmet and specialty markets. Garnish with fresh tarragon sprigs.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/4 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 41.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 315mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweet vermouth
- 1 cup peeled roasted chestnuts
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add half of chicken to pan, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic to pan. Sprinkle flour over the mushroom mixture, and cook for 2 minutes or until flour is lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup vermouth to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits, and boil for 30 seconds. Add chestnuts, broth, parsley, tarragon, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until sauce is reduced to 2 cups (about 10 minutes). Add cranberries to pan, and cook for 2 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes