This recipe was different. I baked it in a casserole like the others; however, my family was not crazy about it and told me they didn't mind if I didn't fix it again. It was a little too time consuming for the neutral outcome. I will probably skip this one.
Sweet Vegetable Kugel
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 7 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups peeled and grated sweet potato (about 1 extra large)
- 3 cups peeled and grated carrots (about 4 large)
- 2 cups peeled and grated Gala apples (about 2 large)
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool. Reserve 3 Tbsp. pecans. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 2. Stir together sweet potatoes, next 9 ingredients, and remaining pecans in a large bowl until blended; spoon mixture into 8 (8-oz.) lightly greased ramekins.
- 3. Bake, covered, at 325° for 45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 350°; uncover and bake 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Top evenly with reserved toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables