- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups peeled and grated sweet potato (about 1 extra large)
- 3 cups peeled and grated carrots (about 4 large)
- 2 cups peeled and grated Gala apples (about 2 large)
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool. Reserve 3 Tbsp. pecans. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
Stir together sweet potatoes, next 9 ingredients, and remaining pecans in a large bowl until blended; spoon mixture into 8 (8-oz.) lightly greased ramekins.
Bake, covered, at 325° for 45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 350°; uncover and bake 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Top evenly with reserved toasted pecans.