Sweet Tooth Truffle Tree
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 pounds semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Coatings: finely chopped pistachio nuts, ground almonds or pecans, chocolate sprinkles, cocoa, flaked coconut, nonpareils, crushed hard red and green peppermint candies, red and green sprinkles
- 1 (10
- Dark Chocolate Bow
- Combine whipping cream and coffee granules in a large saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate; let stand 3 minutes. Stir gently until chocolate melts completely.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 13" x 9" x 2" pan. Let cool to room temperature (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
- Shape mixture into 1 1/4" balls, using a small cookie scoop. Place balls on a wax paper-lined jellyroll pan. Cover and chill until firm.
- Roll balls in desired coatings. Lightly dust foam cone with cocoa, coating completely. Using small wooden picks, attach truffles to cone, one at a time, starting at base of cone and working in circular rows, covering cone completely.
- Attach Dark Chocolate Bow strips with a wooden pick to top of tree; top with assembled Dark Chocolate Bow. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Use small tongs to remove truffles from tree, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts