1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a 3-qt. heavy saucepan; add tea bags. Remove from heat; cover and steep 10 minutes.
2. Discard tea bags. Add 1 cup sugar, stirring until dissolved. Bring tea mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 to 22 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1 cup. Remove mixture from heat, and let cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
3. Stir together mascarpone cheese, vanilla bean paste, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
4. Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into cheese mixture.
5. Separate ladyfingers in half. Arrange 24 ladyfinger halves, flat sides up, in the bottom of an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Drizzle with half of tea mixture. Top with half of cheese mixture. Repeat layers once. Cover and chill 12 hours. Sift cocoa over top just before serving.
Go to Full Version of