Sweet Tea Rice with Caramelized Onions
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups sweetened tea
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bring tea to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in rice and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until tea is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 20 minutes or until caramel colored. Stir in balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp. salt, and pepper. Stir in hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note