Lots of interesting flavors..not too sweet, not too spicy, and a little crunch. Loved it as did husband. Hey bascabaker...seriously..you wrecked the recipe. Don't rate it if you didn't make it correctly the first time.
Sweet Tea Rice with Jalapeño, Peaches, and Pecans
Don't let the name fool you. Sweet Tea Rice with Jalapeno, Peaches, and Pecans is a quick and easy side or main dish that is packed full of sweet, spicy, and nutty crunch.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups sweetened tea
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 large fresh peach, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bring tea to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in rice and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until tea is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add pecans, and cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Add jalapeño, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in hot cooked rice, diced fresh peach, chives, 1/4 tsp. salt, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note