Sweet Tea Rice with Fresh Ginger and Pears
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups sweetened tea
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 large pear, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Bring tea to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in rice and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until tea is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shallots, and sauté 1 minute. Add pear, ginger, pepper, and 1/4 tsp. salt, and sauté 5 minutes or until pear is tender. Stir in hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note