These are very good during this hot summer!! I used mint extact when I'd depleted my mint supply but it wasnt as good as the real thing.Also- use 1regular/1 decaf tea bags.The consistency is perfect with the ratio of alcohol to water in recipe.They are hard enough to not fall off the stick but you are able to scrape with your teeth!
Sweet Tea Julep Pops
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
- 2 cups water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 (3-oz.) paper cups
- 12 mint leaves (optional)
- 12 small lemon slices (optional)
- 12 (3 1/2-inch) food-safe wooden ice-cream spoons
- 1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in 1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves. Cover and steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags and mint. Stir in 1 cup cold water, bourbon, sugar, and lemon juice, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour mixture into paper cups; add a mint leaf and small lemon slice to each, if desired.
- 2. Cover each cup with aluminum foil; make a small slit in center, and insert 1 ice-cream spoon into each cup. Freeze 8 hours or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This