- 2 cups water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 (3-oz.) paper cups
- 12 mint leaves (optional)
- 12 small lemon slices (optional)
- 12 (3 1/2-inch) food-safe wooden ice-cream spoons
How to Make It
Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in 1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves. Cover and steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags and mint. Stir in 1 cup cold water, bourbon, sugar, and lemon juice, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour mixture into paper cups; add a mint leaf and small lemon slice to each, if desired.
Cover each cup with aluminum foil; make a small slit in center, and insert 1 ice-cream spoon into each cup. Freeze 8 hours or until firm.