This was a very disappointing recipe. It was an unappetizing brown color because of the tea. It also didn't set up very well. We ended up throwing it away.
Sweet Tea Icebox Tart
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 5 Hours, 52 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened instant iced tea mix
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Gingersnap Crust*
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Garnishes: lemon slices, fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together iced tea mix and 2 Tbsp. water in a large bowl. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk and next 5 ingredients until blended. Place Gingersnap Crust on a baking sheet; pour in milk mixture.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or just until filling is set. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours. Remove tart from pan, and place on a serving dish.
- 3. Beat cream and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Pipe or dollop on top of tart; garnish, if desired.
- *2 (4-oz.) packages ready-made mini graham cracker piecrusts may be substituted.
- Note: You may also bake this tart in a 14- x 4-inch tart pan with removable bottom; increase bake time to 25 to 28 minutes or until filling is set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts