Sweet Tart Dough
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 to 7 tablespoons ice water
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2. Stir together egg yolks and 6 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Add egg yolk mixture to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened and dough starts to form a ball. (If dough appears dry, add 1 tablespoon water.) Divide in half, forming 2 balls; flatten slightly into disks, and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill at least 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note