Very easy and love the combination of flavors
Sweet-and-Tangy Tomato Barbecue Sauce
Our Test Kitchen took cues from the pros to bring pit-barbecue flavor to the backyard.
This recipe goes with The Southern Living Pulled Pork Sandwich
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- Bring ketchup, 1 cup water, vinegar, brown sugar, onion powder, chili powder, tomato paste, molasses, and freshly ground pepper to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool 10 minutes. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note