Sweet & Spicy Simmered Salsa
A sweet salsa with enough kick to enjoy but not so much to burn. Basic ingredients, no sugar added.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) orange bell pepper (medium)
- 6 whole(s) tomatoes (medium roma)
- 4 whole(s) jalapeno peppers (large)
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 1/4 whole(s) white onion
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) light olive oil
- Tomatoes, Jalepenos, Bell Pepper, Garlic
- heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in large pan on low (2 or 3 setting)
- add tomatoes, jalapenos, and bell pepper
- let simmer (turning occasionally) for 5-10 minutes
- chop 4-6 cloves garlic
- add garlic continue simmering until onion and cilantro prepared
- Onions, Cilantro
- chop quarter white onion
- chop cilantro leaves (rinse and remove the stems from the cilantro bunch)
- Remove pan from burner
- Remove the skin, ends (and stems) from the tomatoes, jalapenos, and the bell pepper.
- Remove and discard all seeds from the jalapenos.
- Slice the tomatoes, jalapenos, and bell pepper.
- Increase burner to med-high (6-7)
- add all ingredients into the pan and place on burner.
- Once the juice is simmering, increase to high to get the sugars in the peppers to become slightly sticky. (really just a minute or two).
- Remove from heat, put in blender and pulse chop until thick and mostly smooth.
- Let cool and serve or refrigerate.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MichaelPersons and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note