Excellent dish! Even leftover and reheated in the microwave, this was delicious. The prep time was a little time consuming, but it once that was done it came together very quickly. I used a Serrano pepper and subbed green onions for snow peas (just because I don't like them). Otherwise, everything was as directed. I would have liked a little more sauce, too. I can't wait to make this again!
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp with Rice Noodles
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 21.7g
- Carbohydrate: 34.3g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 492mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 4 ounces uncooked flat rice noodles (pad thai noodles)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 green Thai chile, halved
- 12 sweet mini peppers, halved
- 3/4 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add shrimp to vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 3. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add cashews, garlic, ginger, and chile to pan; stir-fry 1 minute or until garlic begins to brown. Remove cashew mixture from pan with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- 4. Increase heat to high. Add sweet peppers, carrot, and salt to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add shrimp mixture (do not drain); stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in noodles and peas; cook 1 minute, tossing to coat. Return cashew mixture to pan. Add bean sprouts; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, tossing frequently.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note