How great of a use of the walnuts I has! Perfect to serve for guests!
Sweet-and-Spicy Sesame Walnuts
Photo: Con Poulos
More From Food & Wine
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) walnut halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) sesame seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large, wide saucepan, combine the walnuts, sugar and water and bring to a boil. Add the sesame seeds, cayenne and salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the water is nearly evaporated, about 4 minutes. Lower the heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the walnuts are golden brown and sandy, about 4 minutes longer.
- Immediately pour the walnuts onto the prepared baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the nuts are deeply golden and covered with a sandy coating. Let the walnuts cool completely. Break any large clusters apart; transfer to a bowl to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This