Sweet and Spicy Asian Nuts
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Yield: Makes 2 cups
More From Coastal Living
Cool: 2 Hours
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder, divided
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1 cup oil-roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon nori furikake rice seasoning or sesame seeds
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder. Add nuts; toss well to coat. Spread in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 250° for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder and nori furikake in a small bowl. Remove nuts from oven; immediately sprinkle seasoning mixture over hot nuts. Let stand 2 hours to cool and dry.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers