- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder, divided
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1 cup oil-roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon nori furikake rice seasoning or sesame seeds
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder. Add nuts; toss well to coat. Spread in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
Bake at 250° for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder and nori furikake in a small bowl. Remove nuts from oven; immediately sprinkle seasoning mixture over hot nuts. Let stand 2 hours to cool and dry.