Sweet & Sour Tilapia
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 20 oz can(s) pineapple chunks
- 4 x 4 ounce(s) tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoon(s) peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, chunked
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 large red or green bell pepper cut in 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup(s) white vineger
- 3 tablespoon(s) brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserve 1/3 cup juice.
- 2. Brown fish fillet on both sides in hot oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm. In same skillet cook onion and garlic, 5 minutes. Add carrot and bell pepper; cook stirring 5 minutes longer. Add pineapple and juice.
- 3. Combine vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, corn starch and ginger in small bowl.
- 4. Stir into vegetable mixture in skillet; cook stirring until thickened. Serve over fish fillets and hot cooked rice. Garish with cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet & Sour Tilapia Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes