Sweet & Sour Shrimp with rice noodles
Hands On: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 10 teaspoon(s) honey
- 4 tablespoon(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) sambal oelek (ground chile paste like Huy Fong)
- 7 ounce(s) uncooked flat rice noodles (pad thai noodles) about half a pack
- 1 tablespoon(s) peanut oil
- 16 ounce(s) peeled and deveined med shrimp
- 1 whole(s) red pepper sliced thinly
- 1 whole(s) green pepper sliced thinly
- 1 whole(s) yellow pepper sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup(s) carrots matchstick cut
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) ginger chopped & peeled
- 3/4 cup(s) snow peas trimmed
- 1. Combine first four ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. . Add shrimp to the vinegar mixture; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 min.
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 3. Heat a large skillet or wok (NOTE: by the time you get the noodles in here, you need a BIG skillet or wok) and oil over high heat. Add peppers, carrot and salt; stir fry 2 minutes.
- 4. Stir in garlic and ginger and add shrimp mixture (do not drain) & peas; stir fry 2 minutes.
- 5. Stir in noodles; cook 2 minutes or until warm & shrimp are cooked through, tossing to coat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by WickedWit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note