Made these for a party, everyone loved them! I didn't cook any of the veggies and they were delish 24 hours after making them.
Sweet and Sour Pattypan Squash and Green Beans
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Serve these pickles with cocktails or with grilled poultry or fish. This recipe makes four (one-pint) jars—enough to keep and give away to friends and neighbors.
Yield: 8 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 86
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 21.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 385mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups halved yellow baby pattypan squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 black peppercorns
- 12 cilantro sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling water 1 minute. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- 2. Combine rice vinegar and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until sugar dissolves.
- 3. Combine beans, squash, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour hot vinegar mixture over squash mixture. Toss well. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Note: Squash mixture can be evenly divided among 4 (1-pint) jars. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet and Sour Pattypan Squash and Green Beans Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This