Made these for a party, everyone loved them! I didn't cook any of the veggies and they were delish 24 hours after making them.
Sweet and Sour Pattypan Squash and Green Beans
Serve these pickles with cocktails or with grilled poultry or fish. This recipe makes four (one-pint) jars—enough to keep and give away to friends and neighbors.
Yield: 8 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 86
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 21.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 385mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups halved yellow baby pattypan squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 black peppercorns
- 12 cilantro sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling water 1 minute. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- 2. Combine rice vinegar and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until sugar dissolves.
- 3. Combine beans, squash, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour hot vinegar mixture over squash mixture. Toss well. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Note: Squash mixture can be evenly divided among 4 (1-pint) jars. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet and Sour Pattypan Squash and Green Beans Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables