Sweet and Sour Onions
- 2 pounds fresh white cocktail onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook onions in boiling water to cover 10 minutes; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Peel; set aside.
- Cook butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking often, until butter melts. Whisk in vinegar and salt.
- Add onions; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until thickened.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet and Sour Onions Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments