Look for sweet chili sauce on the ethnic aisle at most supermarkets, or in Asian grocery stores. Dark sesame oil and lower-sodium soy sauce deliver tremendous flavor with less sodium and saturated fat.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- 1/4 cup bottled sweet chili sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine 1 tablespoon chili sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon oil, and green onions in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Combine 3 tablespoons chili sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, shallots, and garlic in a medium bowl. Add beef, stirring gently to combine. Shape meat mixture into 24 (1-inch) meatballs. Arrange meatballs in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve meatballs with dipping sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note