- 1 pound lean ground pork, beef or turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Ginger
How to Make It
For Meatballs: MIX pork, water chestnuts, egg, bread crumbs and salt in a medium bowl.
SHAPE into 1-inch meatballs; set aside.
For Sauce: COOK green onions in oil in large skillet, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes. Blend in broth, corn syrup, chili sauce, vinegar and ginger. Add meatballs; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium.
SIMMER 15 minutes. Remove meatballs with slotted spoon. Increase heat to medium-high; gently boil sauce 6 to 9 minutes or until thickened.
POUR sauce over meatballs. Serve with cocktail picks.