Really good recipe. I browned the chicken first. It's a perfect family pleaser; my toddler and hubby gobbled it up.This is so easy to cut up the night before and leave in the slow cooker while at work. I'll make it again for sure.
Sweet and Sour Chicken
The grated fresh ginger in this classic Chinese recipe makes the chicken extra sweet. Substitute pork tenderloin in place of chicken thighs, if desired.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 18.4g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 348mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (8-ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked white rice
- 1. Combine first 12 ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Serve over rice.
- Equipment Tip: To grate ginger quickly, we recommend using a Microplane grater. It's a kitchen must-have.
To grate ginger quickly, we recommend using a Microplane grater. It's a kitchen must-have.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note