It was a delicious soup. I added crushed red pepper to give some kick and added 1 tablespoon of sugar to add the "sweet" the other reviewers said was missing.
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup pineapple mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 336
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 279mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups teriyaki marinade, divided
- 2 cups (1-inch) cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups yellow or orange bell pepper strips
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 2 cups vertically sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag; add 1 cup marinade. Seal bag; toss gently to coat. Place pineapple, bell peppers, and onion in another large zip-top plastic bag; add 1 cup marinade. Seal bag; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate bags 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Drain pineapple mixture, discarding marinade. Place pineapple mixture and tomatoes in a large foil cooking bag. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on top of pineapple mixture. Seal and cut 6 (1/2-inch) slits in top of cooking bag. Place bag on grill. Grill 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Cut bag open with a sharp knife or cooking shears. Carefully peel back foil. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note