I love this recipe! I don't have a food processor that slices, but I'm pretty handy with a knife, and it came out almost shredded, which was fine with me. It is so simple, yet so tasty. I will be making it again to take to work for lunch.
Sweet and Sour Brussels Sprout Salad
We love Brussels sprout salads but wanted a quicker approach than the tedium of pulling apart the leaves. The food processor slices each sprout nice and thin with lightning-fast speed.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 7.8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 181mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 7 radishes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Slice Brussels sprouts and radishes in a food processor fitted with a slicing blade. Combine Brussels sprout mixture and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to coat.
- Version 1 Brussels Sprout Salad with Bacon Croutons: Slice 1 pound Brussels sprouts in a food processor. Cook 4 center-cut bacon slices in a skillet until crisp. Remove from pan; crumble. Add 2 teaspoons canola oil to drippings in pan. Stir in 2 ounces (1/2-inch) cubed country bread; sauté over medium-high 5 minutes or until crisp. Combine 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a large bowl. Add Brussels sprouts; toss well. Top with croutons and bacon. SERVES 8 (serving size: 1 cup) CALORIES 129; FAT 9g (sat 1.3g); SODIUM 163mg
- Version 2 Waldorf Brussels Sprout Salad: Slice 1 pound Brussels sprouts in a food processor. Combine sprouts, 1 1/4 cups diced apple, 3/4 cup chopped celery, and 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts. Combine 5 tablespoons canola mayo, 1/4 cup apple cider, 3 tablespoons light sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. SERVES 8 (serving size: 1 cup) CALORIES 97; FAT 5.6g (sat 0.7g); SODIUM 212mg
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note