- 1 orange (1/2 lb.)
- 4 whole chicken legs with thighs (about 2 1/3 lb. total)
- 1/4 cup mirin (rice wine) or 1/4 cup cream sherry plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- calories 228
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- protein 32 g
- fat 5.9 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- sodium 563 mg
- cholesterol 121 mg
How to Make It
Slice orange crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds; discard seeds. Line a shallow 2 1/2- to 3-quart casserole with orange slices.
Pull skin and fat off chicken and discard. Rinse chicken; lay in casserole.
Mix mirin, vinegar, cornstarch, oyster sauce, tamari, and ginger. Pour evenly over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, in a 375° oven, basting occasionally with pan juices, until chicken is no longer pink at bone (cut to test), 50 to 60 minutes.
Sprinkle with green onion.