Sweet and Savory Roasted Green Beans
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 43 Minutes
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 thick hickory-smoked bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large shallots, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place green beans in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper; tossing to coat. Divide green beans between 2 (15- x 10-inch) jelly-roll pans. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Stir and bake 10 more minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon. Sauté shallots in hot drippings until tender. Add vinegar, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Stir in honey.
- 3. Pour shallot mixture over green beans, and sprnkle with thyme, orange zest, hazelnuts, and bacon. Toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This