Sweet and Sauerkraut Brats
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds bratwurst, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (27-oz.) can sauerkraut
- 4 tart apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 to 6 hard rolls, split
- Garnish: spicy mustard
- Place brautwurst in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Toss together saurkraut, apples, onion, brown sugar and caraway seed; spoon over brautwurst.
- Cover and cook on high setting 1 hour; reduce heat to low setting and cook 2 to 3 more hours, stirring occassionally. Fill rolls, using a slotted spoon. Serve with mustard on the side, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes