Used dried cranberries instead of raisins and baked in ceramic 9x9 pan for 22 mins. Delicious!!!! Not too peanutty. Like the pretzel crunch. Great for lunch bags and fast snacks. Will make again, maybe I'll add some pepitas in place of half the sunflower seeds next time.
Sweet and Salty Trail Mix Bars
Photo: Ben Fink; Styling: Stephana Bottom
Yield: Serves 16
Cost per Serving: $.46
More From Allyou
Bake: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 197mg
- 1 1/2 cups salted pretzel twists, broken into small pieces
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, preferably natural (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F; butter a 7-by-11-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine pretzels, oats, raisins and sunflower seeds.
- 2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add peanut butter, sugar, honey, vanilla, flour and salt; stir until smooth.
- 3. Pour butter mixture into pretzel mixture and stir quickly to thoroughly coat. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and use your fingers to press in firmly and evenly. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Snacks