- 1 1/2 cups salted pretzel twists, broken into small pieces
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, preferably natural (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- calories 298
- fat 14 g
- satfat 4 g
- protein 7 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- sodium 197 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F; butter a 7-by-11-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine pretzels, oats, raisins and sunflower seeds.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add peanut butter, sugar, honey, vanilla, flour and salt; stir until smooth.
Pour butter mixture into pretzel mixture and stir quickly to thoroughly coat. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and use your fingers to press in firmly and evenly. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars.