This is so refreshing and delicious. Everyone raved about it.
Sweet, Salty, and Spicy Watermelon Refresher
2012 Side Dish Smackdown Winner: Best Surprise
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 jalapeño or 2 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 jicama
- 2 mangoes
- 1. Combine lime juice and next 5 ingredients.
- 2. Place red onion, cilantro, and mint in a large bowl. Dice watermelon and cantaloupe into 1-inch pieces; add to bowl. Peel and dice cucumbers, jicama, and mangoes; add to bowl. Stir in lime juice mixture. Cover and chill 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables