Wonderfully delicious!! I only used half a jalapeño (because of children) and omitted the jicama(didn't know if ID like it) and it was outstanding! Best substitution for traditional fruit salads. Everyone loved it & now I must bring this & my Mac n cheese to every cookout!
Sweet, Salty, and Spicy Watermelon Refresher
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Prop Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 jalapeño or 2 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 jicama
- 2 mangoes
- 1. Combine lime juice and next 5 ingredients.
- 2. Place red onion, cilantro, and mint in a large bowl. Dice watermelon and cantaloupe into 1-inch pieces; add to bowl. Peel and dice cucumbers, jicama, and mangoes; add to bowl. Stir in lime juice mixture. Cover and chill 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note