This is a great recipe, imparting wonderful flavor to the salmon. Have served it to guests several times and they always ask for the recipe. HOWEVER, I did drastically reduce the salt since I can't tolerate quite as much sodium. I reduced the Kosher salt to about 1/2 tablespoon, and it still leaves the rub with a lovely flavor. The earlier the rub is applied to the salmon, the better the flavor. If serving to guests, buy a little extra salmon---they invariably go back for seconds.
Sweet-and-Salty Salmon Rub
This recipe goes with Cedar-Planked Salmon
Yield: Makes 1 cup
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients, and store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments