Help! They were good but the popcorn was not crispy in the balls. Any idea what I might have done wrong? :(
Sweet and Salty Popcorn Balls
These festive Sweet and Salty Popcorn Balls are not only fun to eat, but cheap and yummy, too! To dress up these party bites, drizzle with melted semi-sweet or white chocolate.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 52mg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 cup popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toffee bits such as Heath Bits 'o Brickle
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt, optional
- 1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Combine butter, sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until butter has melted. Bring to a boil, add condensed milk and continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring to prevent scorching. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 2. Place popcorn in a large bowl. Pour butter mixture over popcorn and stir gently to coat completely. Set aside until mixture has cooled enough so that it's still sticky but won't melt candy, 3 to 5 minutes. Toss in peanuts, toffee bits and white chocolate chips.
- 3. When popcorn mixture is cool enough to handle, grease hands with cooking spray or vegetable oil and roll mixture into 2-inch balls (use about 1/4 cup per ball). Place balls on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, if desired. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note