- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 cup popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toffee bits such as Heath Bits 'o Brickle
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt, optional
- calories 138
- fat 6 g
- satfat 3 g
- protein 2 g
- carbohydrate 21 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- sodium 52 mg
How to Make It
Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Combine butter, sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until butter has melted. Bring to a boil, add condensed milk and continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring to prevent scorching. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Place popcorn in a large bowl. Pour butter mixture over popcorn and stir gently to coat completely. Set aside until mixture has cooled enough so that it's still sticky but won't melt candy, 3 to 5 minutes. Toss in peanuts, toffee bits and white chocolate chips.
When popcorn mixture is cool enough to handle, grease hands with cooking spray or vegetable oil and roll mixture into 2-inch balls (use about 1/4 cup per ball). Place balls on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, if desired. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.