I just made these for the first time. I used almonds and had to bake them for 10 minutes and they are crispy on the outside and chewy in the centre; just the way I like them. I used almonds instead of peanuts. I also doubled the chocolate chips.
Sweet and Salty Peanut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Coarse-grained sea salt does not melt into the batter, so you experience a crunchy burst with every bite. Use any other nut you like in place of peanuts.
Yield: 38 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 61
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 48mg
- Calcium: 9mg
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place nuts in a small baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted; cool.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda, stirring well with a whisk.
- Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add vanilla and egg; beat until combined. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in peanuts, chocolate chips, and salt.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet and Salty Peanut Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts