Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) canning salt
- 8 cup(s) chopped / peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) coursely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup(s) coursely chopped onion
- 6 Jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 sweet green peppers
- 3 sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup(s) vinegar
- In large , nonmetallic bowl , combine tomatoes and salt. Mix well, and let stand overnight. Drain well, but do not rinse. Add celery and onion. Remove seeds from jalapeno peppers and chop finely(use gloves). Chop green and red peppers. In nonmetallic cooking pot, combine tomato mixture, sugar,vinegar, and peppers. Bring to a slow boil 15 minutes, stirring often. Pour into prpared canning jars leaving 1/2" headspace. Seal and boil 20 minutes. Makes about 7 pints.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by wandakerr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments