I would crank it up just a little
Sweet Potato–Jalapeño Casserole
Photo: Blake Pearson; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 large fresh jalapeños, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bake potatoes at 400° on oven rack 1 hour or until soft. Cool; remove skins.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; add butter. Beat potatoes at medium speed with an electric mixer until mashed. Stir in jalapeños, 1 cup cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9- x 13-inch or 3-quart shallow baking dish; sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over top. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Heat broiler. Broil casserole 3 minutes or until cheese is golden and crispy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potato–Jalapeño Casserole Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Casseroles