Sweet Potatoes with Cranberry Sauce
To save time, you can use frozen sweet potato patties (found in the meat or frozen food freezer of your supermarket) in this recipe. The patties are fragile, but you may find the trade-off worth it if you're pinched for time.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 small)
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Make-Ahead: Wash sweet potatoes; prick several times with a fork. Arrange on paper towels in microwave oven, leaving 1" between each. Microwave at HIGH 22 minutes, rearranging potatoes once; let stand 5 minutes. Cool potatoes to touch; peel and cut into 1/2" slices. Arrange slices in a slightly overlapping spiral pattern 1 to 2 layers thick in a 12" round baking dish; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberry sauce and remaining 6 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Pour cranberry mixture over sweet potatoes; cool. Cover tightly, and chill overnight.
- When Ready to Serve: Remove from refrigerator; let stand 30 minutes. Uncover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note