Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar-Pecan Topping
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 pound(s) sweet potatoes scrubbed
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped pecans (mufa)
- 3 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- Do ahead: bake sweet potatoes and assemble the dish earlier in the day; cover and refrigerate. Let stand a few minutes on counter before placing in oven about 45 minutes before dinnertime.
- 1. PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. PLACE potatoes on rimmed baking sheet. Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on size, until soft when squeezed with a gloved hand. Let cool slightly and then halve. Scoop insides into medium bowl (discard skin). Mash with potato masher until smooth. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, if desired. Coat 9" glass pie plate with cooking spray. Transfer mashed sweet potatoes to prepared pie plate. Smooth the surface.
- 3. MIX pecans, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over sweet potatoes.
- 4. COVER with foil and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until heated through. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer, until pecans are lightly browned and top is crusty.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar-Pecan Topping Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables