Sweet Potatoes and Shrimp
Prep: 35 min., Cook: 36 min., Stand: 5 min.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- KITCHENAID Electric Stand Mixer
- KITCHENAID Fruit and Vegetable Strainer Attachment
- 1 1/4 pounds unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp (31/40 count)
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Pierce potatoes several times with tines of a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate; cover with damp paper towels.
- 3. Microwave potatoes at HIGH 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 4. Attach fruit and vegetable strainer attachment to electric stand mixer according to manufacturer's instructions. Strain potatoes into a bowl according to manufacturer's instructions. Scrape any remaining potato puree from strainer tray into bowl. Stir together potato puree, milk, and next 3 ingredients. Cover and keep warm.
- 5. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- 6. Sauté mushrooms in hot drippings 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet.
- 7. Toss shrimp in cornstarch. Add shrimp to skillet, and sauté over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook 1 minute or just until shrimp turn pink.
- 8. Spoon sweet potato mixture onto a serving platter. Top with shrimp mixture and mushrooms. Sprinkle with bacon. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes