- KITCHENAID Electric Stand Mixer
- KITCHENAID Fruit and Vegetable Strainer Attachment
- 1 1/4 pounds unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp (31/40 count)
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
How to Make It
Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
Pierce potatoes several times with tines of a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate; cover with damp paper towels.
Microwave potatoes at HIGH 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
Attach fruit and vegetable strainer attachment to electric stand mixer according to manufacturer's instructions. Strain potatoes into a bowl according to manufacturer's instructions. Scrape any remaining potato puree from strainer tray into bowl. Stir together potato puree, milk, and next 3 ingredients. Cover and keep warm.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
Sauté mushrooms in hot drippings 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet.
Toss shrimp in cornstarch. Add shrimp to skillet, and sauté over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook 1 minute or just until shrimp turn pink.
Spoon sweet potato mixture onto a serving platter. Top with shrimp mixture and mushrooms. Sprinkle with bacon. Garnish, if desired.