I make this every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Everyone loves it!
Sweet Potatoes Richard
Howard L. Puckett
- 3 pounds unpeeled sweet potatoes (about 4 large)
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Boil potatoes in water to cover 25 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly and peel.
- Combine potatoes, sugar, cinnamon, and butter in a large bowl. Mash well with a potato masher. Stir in next 4 ingredients.
- Spoon into a buttered 11- x 7-inch dish. Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables