Sweet Potatoes in cartoccio
- 6 whole(s) Sweet Potatoes peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 whole(s) Large Spanish Onion thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1. Heat a gas grill or prepare a fire in a charcoal grill
- 2. Cut six 14-by-12-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil; lay the out on a work surface, with a short end toward you, Layer the potato slices and onion rings on the bottom half of each sheet of foil, dividing the vegetables evenly among the sheets. Leave an inch or so of space all around. Brush the tops and sides of the vegetables with olive oil, using 1 tbl for each packet; sprinkle with slat and pepper. Dot the top of each pile of potatoes with 1 tbl butter; sprinkle each with 1 tbl brown sugar. Fold about 1/4 inch of the sides and bottoms of the foil to seal the edges; fold over again to make a tight seal.
- 3. Place the packets on the hottest part of the grill; cook, 15 minutes. (Alternately, cook the packets on a rimmed backing sheet in a 350 degree oven until cooked through.) Transfer the packets to a large platter or baking sheet; ; let stand, 10 minutes
- 4. serve in the foil, warning your guests about the hot, fragrant steam that will arise when they cut into the packets. Be sure to spoon some of the syrupy juices over the sweet potatoes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SchellerFamily and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note