Sweet Potatoes and Onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large Vidalia onion or other sweet onion, peeled, quartered, and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch allspice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled, about 1/2-inch dice or smaller
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, optional
- Heat a large skillet and add the olive oil, butter, and sweet onion. Saute until the onion is clear, about 3 to 4 minutes, then add the spices and salt and pepper. Add the diced cooked sweet potatoes and saute until lightly browned. If desired, toss with the parsley just before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dakotababy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potatoes and Onion Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables