Baking the sweet potato caramelizes the natural sugars in the potato giving it a rich, sweet flavor. You can also steam the cubed peeled sweet potato in a steamer basket for 20 to 25 minutes or until very tender.
This recipe goes with Lentils and Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 13 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons water, formula, or breast milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Pierce each potato several times with a fork. Bake at 400° for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until tender. Cool 45 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- 3. Peel sweet potatoes. Place flesh in a food processor; process until smooth, adding 2 tablespoons water, formula, or breast milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach desired consistency.
- Easy Freezing This recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note