This was very good! Very tasty. I really like the raisins in it! Very good for lunches. It tastes good warm and cold.
Sweet Potato-Wild Rice Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 217
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 41.8g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 249mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup diced Red Delicious apple
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup raisins
- mint springs(optional)
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the sweet potato and 1/2 teaspoon oil in a bowl, tossing well to coat. Arrange sweet potato in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Combine diced apples with orange juice concentrate in a small bowl. Drain, reserving concentrate. Combine 1 tablespoon oil and reserved concentrate; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine rice, concentrate mixture, apples, green onions, and raisins; gently stir in potato. Cover and chill 1 hour. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This